Mitsy Kit hand sewing and crafting kits make creativity accessible
for the blind, elderly, disabled and all using our patented, tactile guided system.
We help you to create memories and connect lives, one simple kit at a time.
Make your own Christmas ornaments! This kit comes with supplies to make four ornaments of children with fleece hats and matching fleece jackets. Includes wooden ball with drawn eyes and smile for face, fleece fabric for hat and body, small elastic to cinch hat at top of ball, and christmas tree ornament hanger. The only thing you need to supply is a little glue to secure the hat to the top of the wooden ball, and scissors to slit the pom pom on top of the hat.
This is a simple no sew project that you will enjoy putting together as much as you will enjoy on your tree!
Easy to follow directions for assembly will be provided with kit.
Small drawstring bag kit (7”x 4.5”) made with Red Cotton Christmas Fabric with Tan Cuddling Teddy Bears Wearing Bow Tie and Ribbon Moderate Kits $4.00
Red Cotton Christmas Fabric with Tan Cuddling Teddy Bears Wearing Bow Tie and Ribbon Drawstring gift bag kit (7”x 4.5”)
This is our adorable small gift bag kit! Perfect for putting the finishing touch on that special little gift that you want wrapped with your unique touch, and then the bag will be re-usable for the recipient as well! This moderate level kit requires use of a regular needle and thread, but would be a great entry level moderate kit as there is very little stitching to complete the project. Tactile guides are sewn on all perimeters of fabric to enable sew by touch. Recommend crewel size 3 needle and thread for hand sewing. See accessories for more information on notions.
Instructions on Kit Use:
*Use regular hand sewing needle (recommend Crewel size 3) and hand sewing thread to stitch together the cotton rectangular fabric – LEAVE PLASTIC CLIPS AND TAPE ON PROJECT UNTIL COMPLETED STITCHING:
- Insert thread into eye of needle – recommend double threading needle at about arm’s length and tie off with knot. *Tip, if you have trouble getting the thread through the eye of the needle we recommend the bow style needle threader. Instructions on how to thread using this tool is on YouTube @ Mitsy Kit Video Thread Needle With Bow Threader. We also provide accessory sewing tools with bow threader, crewel size 3 needle pack, tomato pin cushion, and thread if needed @ MitsyKit.org search under accessories for mini hand sewing tool kit.
- You will be hand stitching (using a running stitch) to join two sides of the gift bag kit together. DO NOT SEW WHERE THE PROJECT IS TAPED! This is the opening of the bag. Begin by inserting tip of the threaded needle through two layers of fabric in the top corner of long side under the tactile threaded border where the START HERE sticker is affixed, then begin the running stitch with small stitches, ¼” or less just under the tactile threaded border. Continue running stitch until you have completed stitching up the long side and adjacent short side. If you run out of thread before completing your stitching tie off your thread with knot, cut excess thread tail and rethread needle. *Tip, remove plastic clips before you reach them to prevent thread from getting tangled in clip – you can also go to YouTube audio/video instructions to learn how to do a running stitch @ Mitsy Kit Video Running Stitch Demonstration.
- Once completed running stitch on the long and short sides, run finger along sewn seams checking to make sure that all stitches are tight without any large gaps. If gaps are found, re-stitch over section to close gaps.
- Once confirmed there are no large gaps in stitching, remove tape from project and turn fabric right side out through top opening. Use pointer finger to push out fabric in 2 lower corners.
- The last step is to lace the fleece ribbon provided with your kit through the channel at the top of the bag using the safety pin. Weave the pin and ribbon through the channel a little at a time until the pin comes out the opening on the adjacent end. Even out the fleece tails, and cinch up the fabric tightly to close the bag. To open the bag, just stretch out the top opening on opposite ends.
NEW READY TO WEAR Cotton Community Face Mask; With SOFT FLEECE EAR LOOPS AND NECK LOOP Accessory $10.00
Help contain the spread of virus with our cotton community face mask that is ready to wear! This finished mask has two soft fleece EAR LOOPS to hold securely in place AND a neck loop to keep your mask hanging on your chest when not in use. The NECK AND EAR LOOPS are adjustable to size by pulling on fleece ribbon tails which come attached by a fabric elastic. (see pictures)
These Face Masks come in a size that is suitable for most adults and is made to cover most of your face from under eyes, across cheeks, and under chin. We can provide a smaller version that is about an inch narrower on face and has more pleats to make it cinch up more around chin. If you prefer the smaller version please indicate in the Notes.
THIS IS NOT A PROJECT KIT. We are providing the completely ready to wear face masks to respond to overwhelming demand in our communities. Check out all available styles and patterns by looking at our selection included in the gallery pictures by scrolling to right of main picture. Mask can be washed by hand or in the washer inside of a mesh lingerie bag to protect tangling with other laundry. Indicate which style you desire in the Notes of your order by referencing the number on the picture in the gallery, or call us for more assistance!
Mask Fabric Print Options by number:
- Red snoopy soccer print
- Red Charlie Brown Snoopy Baseball print
- Black with bright colorful lizard print
- Black with Orange and Red flames
- Red with black floral, and light yellow and green tribal pattern
- Black with red green and yellow hot peppers
- Coffee theme on off white
- Black with bright colorful music notes
- Gray and tan baseball player theme
- Black with white dog bones, red hearts, and yellow spots
- Black with dog silhouettes in white and tan plaid
- Tie dye pink, green, yellow, and purple with black paw prints
- Black with white, tan, grey dogs, dog bones and red fire hydrants
- Blue, yellow, pink cat print
- Bright Blue with Yellow, Orange and Black Construction Theme
- Red white blue Stars and Stripes
- Waving American flags
- Small red white blue flags and stars
- Patriotic red white blue – God bless America
- Light Blue with small stars in circular pattern
- Navy with small white Stars
- USA red white blue patchwork print
- Country quilt patriotic star pattern
- White with small etched leaves
- Rust with large black floral print
- Black with olive purple orange white petal pattern
- Brown with blue and peach small floral
- Black with large white purple orange and brown floral
- Bright pink with Asian purple yellow and orange floral print
- White with purple rosettes
- White with pink rosettes
- Turquoise purple pink and mauve paisley floral
- Asian floral green yellow and coral print
- Pink and white striped floral
- Light blue with floral etching
- Pale green with large gold, yellow and pink floral
- Light green with pink purple small floral
- Large painted floral with purple rust green and pink
- Bright red solid
- Dark purple solid
- Steel Gray solid
- Teal green solid
- Dusty pink solid
- Light blue solid
- Off white solid
- Dark black solid
- Kittens and Flower Pots pattern
- Light blue large daisy petals on yellow
- Light blue with white and dark blue vines and leaves
- Blue with white floral and orange vines
Other related Community Face Mask tips and references:
Masks are generally used to protect yourself and others from respiratory droplets, and with a rising number of asymptomatic COVID-19 cases, Favini said there’s no harm in wearing one while you’re out and about as long as it is homemade and not a medical mask, which should be reserved for health care professionals.
In order for a homemade mask to be effective, Favini said it must cover the nose and mouth s
10×10 cotton and fleece candle mat kit -lab dogs in red truck with green landscape pattern – includes red shoelaces – CANDLE NOT INCLUDED No Sew $10.00
10×10 Cotton and Fleece two piece candle mat kit – Lab dogs in red truck with green landscape pattern – includes red shoelaces to lace together- pre-punched holes in the fabric have tactile borders that enable the holes to be identified by touch. The colors in this pattern make a good Christmas display. CANDLE IS NOT INCLUDED.
- Candle Mat or Hot Pad No Sew Kit Video Tutorial:
- OVERCAST STITCH WITH SHOELACES
- Candle Mat or Hot Pad No Sew Kit Video Tutorial:
12×12 Fleece two piece pillow case Sport Baseball Pattern, Pillow Insert, ribbon and plastic needle included No Sew $19.99
12×12 fleece two piece pillow case – Baseball with bats and balls pattern in gray, red, navy and white graphics – with plastic needle and ribbon for lacing, reminiscent of hand stitching – pre-punched holes in the fabric have tactile borders that enable the holes to be identified by touch. Pillow insert included.