Wine Tote Bag with Home Decor fabric in off white with large red floral print, red cuff and black carry strap.
Mitsy Kit Wine Tote Bag project includes:
- A patented, tactile sewing system with audio & video instructions
- Pre-cut fabric & tote strap included; NOT INCLUDED sewing kit – may be purchased separately under accessories
Text Instructions on Mitsy Kit Wine Tote Bag Assembly:
*Use regular hand sewing needle (recommend Crewel size 3) and hand sewing thread to stitch together fabric – LEAVE PLASTIC CLIPS ON PROJECT UNTIL COMPLETED STITCHING:
- Insert thread into eye of needle – recommend double threading needle at about arm’s length and tie off with knot. *Tip, if you have trouble getting the thread through the eye of the needle we recommend the bow style needle threader. Instructions on how to thread using this tool is on YouTube @ Mitsy Kit Video Thread Needle With Bow Threader. We also provide accessory sewing tools with bow threader, crewel size 3 needle pack, tomato pin cushion, and thread if needed @ MitsyKit.org search under accessories for mini hand sewing tool kit.
- You will be hand stitching (using a running stitch) to join three sides of the wine tote bag kit together. The tote bag kit consists of two rectangular pieces of fabric attached right sides together with safety pins and plastic clips along the tactile bordered perimeter of fabric. The top short side of the tote bag kit has a safety pin and a piece of tape affixed across the opening reminding you not to sew in this area. This is the opening of the wine tote bag and should remain unsewn. You will also feel a bump in the center of the rectangular fabric between the front and back. These are the tote bag straps which have been pre-sewn in between the top border and bottom portion of the tote bag. The tote bag straps will be revealed after the fabric is turned right side out.
- Begin by inserting tip of the threaded needle through both layers of fabric in the top left or top right corner (depending on whether you sew left to right or right to left) just beside the taped opening of the bag. Begin the running stitch with small stitches, ¼” or less just under the tactile threaded border. It is important that you stitch underneath the tactile border and not through it otherwise the tactile border may show through on the right side of project after sewn. Continue the running stitch until you reach the other end of long side, then continue to perform running stitch along the bottom short side, and then up the other long side of the project until you reach the opposite side of the tape covering the bag opening. As you stitch and run out of thread (when about a 4 inch tail left on needle) tie off your thread with knot, cut excess thread tail and rethread your needle to continue. *Tip, remove plastic clips before you reach them to prevent thread from getting tangled in clip. You can also go to YouTube audio/video instructions to learn how to do a running stitch @ Mitsy Kit Video Running Stitch Demonstration.
- Once completed running stitch on all three sides of the project, run your finger along sewn seams to make sure all stitches are tight without any large gaps. If gaps are found, re-stitch over section to close gaps.
- Once confirmed there are no large gaps in stitching, remove tape and safety pin from top center of bag and turn fabric right side out through middle opening. Use pointer finger to push out fabric in 2 lower corners. Pull your tote bag straps up over the top opening of bag and iron the project to remove wrinkles.
- This completes your wine tote project. We hope you enjoyed your craft and will enjoy using or gifting your wine tote even more! 😄
Care Instructions: Wash and dry by hand or by machine with gentle cycle and cool settings.
Call us with any questions at 978-419-1824! Happy Crafting!