Small drawstring bag kit (7”x 4.5”) made with dark green background and red and pink flowers with light green leaves.
This is our adorable small gift bag kit! Perfect for putting the finishing touch on that special little gift that you want wrapped with your unique touch, and then the bag will be re-usable for the recipient as well! This moderate level kit requires use of a regular needle and thread, but would be a great entry level moderate kit as there is very little stitching to complete the project. Tactile guides are sewn on all perimeters of fabric to enable sew by touch. Recommend crewel size 3 needle and thread for hand sewing. See accessories for more information on notions.
Instructions on Kit Assembly:
*Use regular hand sewing needle (recommend Crewel size 3) and hand sewing thread to stitch together the cotton rectangular fabric – LEAVE PLASTIC CLIPS AND TAPE ON PROJECT UNTIL COMPLETED STITCHING:
- Insert thread into eye of needle – recommend double threading needle at about arm’s length and tie off with knot. *Tip, if you have trouble getting the thread through the eye of the needle we recommend the bow style needle threader. Instructions on how to thread using this tool is on YouTube @ Mitsy Kit Video Thread Needle With Bow Threader. We also provide accessory sewing tools with bow threader, crewel size 3 needle pack, tomato pin cushion, and thread if needed @ MitsyKit.org search under accessories for mini hand sewing tool kit.
- You will be hand stitching (using a running stitch) to join two sides of the gift bag kit together. DO NOT SEW WHERE THE PROJECT IS TAPED! This is the opening of the bag. Begin by inserting tip of the threaded needle through two layers of fabric in the top corner of long side under the tactile threaded border where the START HERE sticker is affixed, then begin the running stitch with small stitches, ¼” or less just under the tactile threaded border. Continue running stitch until you have completed stitching up the long side and adjacent short side. If you run out of thread before completing your stitching tie off your thread with knot, cut excess thread tail and rethread needle. *Tip, remove plastic clips before you reach them to prevent thread from getting tangled in clip – you can also go to YouTube audio/video instructions to learn how to do a running stitch @ Mitsy Kit Video Running Stitch Demonstration.
- Once completed running stitch on the long and short sides, run finger along sewn seams checking to make sure that all stitches are tight without any large gaps. If gaps are found, re-stitch over section to close gaps.
- Once confirmed there are no large gaps in stitching, remove tape from project and turn fabric right side out through top opening. Use pointer finger to push out fabric in 2 lower corners.
- The last step is to lace the fleece ribbon provided with your kit through the channel at the top of the bag using the safety pin. Weave the pin and ribbon through the channel a little at a time until the pin comes out the opening on the adjacent end. Even out the fleece tails, and cinch up the fabric tightly to close the bag. To open the bag, just stretch out the top opening on opposite ends.
Feel free to call us at 978-419-1824 if you have any questions!