Our 9 by 4.5 inch no sew fleece drawstring bag kit with ribbon drawstring and accent beads on ends of ribbon is a great multi-use hand made gift bag. Use it as a glasses or sunglass case, cell phone tote, or a gift bag for gift cards, scratch cards, jewelry, make up, hair accessories, lotions, perfumes, and more! The kit includes one 9 inch fleece square folded in half with pre-drilled tactile bordered holes on two sides that you will lace together by touch with a fleece ribbon strand and a plastic needle, and a top channel that you will slide the included grosgrain ribbon through and tie off with two colorful beads (also included) for accent on the end of the ribbon tails. The picture displays our solid black fleece pouch with white ribbon drawstring and gold beads but we have many more solid colors and patterns to choose from! See the options for fleece fabric above and indicate your preference in the order notes, or you can call us and we will be happy to help you find something you like! THE KIT PROVIDES EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE THE DRAWSTRING BAG, CONTENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
See NO SEW 9 by 4.5 Inch Fleece Drawstring Assembly Simple Text Instructions Below:
* Note: Your fleece fabric comes pre-clipped and pinned together ready to lace. Do not remove any of the pins, clips or tape from your project until instructed to do so.
- Using the fleece ribbon strand, insert into eye of plastic needle and pull fleece ribbon through leaving a short tail (~2”).
- This project requires use of a Double Running Stitch to insure no gaps are left for small items to fall out of your bag.
- Single Running Stitch Step 1, You will be lacing the fleece ribbon up and down through tactile bordered holes around two sides of the bag STARTING IN THE FIRST, TOP RIGHT HAND HOLE: Start lacing in top right hand corner hole under the taped area, by going TOP DOWN through holes, through two layers of fabric. Pull fleece ribbon through until leave about a 2” tail on top. Slide your index finger and thumb down the fabric until you feel the next set of tactile bordered holes. Put the plastic needle and fleece ribbon BOTTOM UP through these holes and pull fleece ribbon up through until there is no more slack (but being careful not to pull too tight and cause fabric to bunch). Remove plastic clips as you come to them while you are lacing. Proceed following this process of alternating lacing the fleece ribbon Top Down and Bottom UP through remaining tactile bordered holes until you come through the last set of holes on the left bottom side of the bag.
- Double Running Stitch Step, Once you come through the last hole on left bottom side of the bag, you will continue lacing in the reverse direction toward the upper right corner. Begin by pulling up the fleece stitch previously laced and insert your needle through the hole beneath the stitch, right beside the first fleece ribbon. Pull the fleece ribbon through the two layers of fabric until there is no more slack (but not pulling so tight that the fabric bunches). Proceed following this process of alternating stitching Top Down and Bottom UP through remaining tactile bordered holes back up to the last set of holes on the top right of the bag. Then remove your plastic needle and you should have two small fleece ribbon tails at top right that you will tie into a small knot. Trim fleece tail ends below knot to even out.
- The last step is to lace the two ribbons provided with your kit through the channel at the top of the bag using the safety pin. Remove tape from the top right and top left of your pouch revealing a channel opening on both ends. Remove the safety pinned grossgrain ribbons from the center top of your bag. Weave the pin and ribbon through the right hand opening in channel and edge along a little at a time until the pin comes out the opening on the opposite left hand end, then loop around to lace through the back left hand channel opening and lace through to come back out the right hand channel opening adjacent to where you started. Remove safety pin, even out the ribbon tails, and lace them through a bead with the plastic needle and tie a double knot close to end of ribbon tails to secure. Next attach safety pin to the second ribbon and begin lacing from the left hand channel opening. Weave the pin and ribbon through the left hand opening in channel (over top of last ribbon laced) and edge along a little at a time until the pin comes out the opening on the opposite right hand end, then loop around to lace through the back right hand channel opening and lace through to come back out the left hand channel opening adjacent to where you started. Remove safety pin, even out the ribbon tails, and lace them through a bead with plastic needle and tie a double knot close to end of ribbon tails to secure. Trim the ribbon tails below knot to even out.
- To close the bag, simply pull the ribbons on each side of the bag away from each other and the top of bag will cinch together. To open the bag, just stretch out the top opening through the middle.
- Admire, use, or give away your beautiful pouch bag as a gift! 😄
Feel free to call us with any questions at 978-419-1824.