Our 8 by 4.5 inch no sew fleece drawstring bag kit with drawstring and cinch closure is a great multi-use hand made gift bag. Use it as a pet treat bag, glasses or sunglass case, cell phone tote, or a gift bag for gift cards, scratch cards, jewelry, make up, hair accessories, lotions, perfumes, and more! The kit includes one 8 inch fleece square folded in half with pre-drilled tactile bordered holes on two sides that you will lace together by touch with a fleece ribbon strand and a plastic needle, and a top channel that you will slide the included shoestring through and then fasten to a plastic cinch fastener (also included). The picture displays our black fleece with red hearts, gray paw prints and white dog bones pattern but we have many more solid colors and patterns to choose from! THE KIT PROVIDES EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE THE DRAWSTRING BAG.
See NO SEW 8 by 4.5 Inch Fleece Drawstring Assembly Simple Text Instructions Below:
* Note: Your fleece fabric comes pre-clipped and pinned together ready to lace. Do not remove any of the pins, clips or tape from your project until instructed to do so.
- Using the fleece ribbon strand, insert into eye of plastic needle and pull fleece ribbon through leaving a short tail (~2”).
- This project requires use of a Double Running Stitch to insure no gaps are left for small items to fall out of your bag.
- Single Running Stitch Step 1, You will be lacing the fleece ribbon up and down through tactile bordered holes around two sides of the bag STARTING IN THE FIRST, TOP RIGHT-HAND HOLE: Start lacing in the top right-hand corner hole under the taped area, by going TOP DOWN through holes, through two layers of fabric. Pull fleece ribbon through until leave about a 2” tail on top. Slide your index finger and thumb down the fabric until you feel the next set of tactile bordered holes. Put the plastic needle and fleece ribbon BOTTOM UP through these holes and pull fleece ribbon up through until there is no more slack (but being careful not to pull too tight and cause fabric to bunch). Remove plastic clips as you come to them while you are lacing them. Continue following this process of alternating lacing the fleece ribbon top-down and bottom-up through remaining tactile bordered holes until you come through the last hole on the left bottom side of the bag.
- Double Running Stitch Step, Once you come through the last hole on the left bottom side of the bag, you will continue lacing in the reverse direction toward the upper right corner. Begin by pulling up the fleece stitch previously laced and insert your needle through the hole beneath the stitch, right beside the first fleece ribbon. Pull the fleece ribbon through the two layers of fabric until there is no more slack (but not pulling so tight that the fabric bunches). Proceed following this process of alternating stitching Top Down and Bottom UP through remaining tactile bordered holes back up to the last set of holes on the top right of the bag. Then remove your plastic needle and you should have two small fleece ribbon tails at top right that you will tie into a small knot. Trim fleece tail ends below knot to even out.
- The last step is to lace the shoestring provided with your kit through the channel at the top of the bag. Remove tape from the top of your bag revealing a channel opening. Weave the shoelacing through the front opening in the channel and edge along a little at a time until the shoelace comes out the opening on the back end. Even out the shoelace tails, then press on the top and bottom of the plastic cinch fastener to reveal a hole in the center and lace the shoelace tails through the hole with the plastic needle. Once the tails are pulled through, tie a double knot close to the end of the shoelace tails to keep the cinch fastener from falling off.
- To close the bag, simply press on the top and bottom of the plastic cinch while sliding the cinch toward the fabric. To open the bag, press on the top and bottom of the plastic cinch while sliding it away from the fabric and stretch out the bag opening through the middle.
- This completes your fleece drawstring bag assembly so it is now ready to gift or use! Happy Crafting!
Feel free to call us with any questions at 978-419-1824.