Our adorable, no sew fleece 4 inch drawstring pouch kit is a perfect hand made gift bag for jewelry, game dice, marbles, crystals, lip balm, nail polish, small candy bag – or even fill it with scented cotton balls to make a sachet! The kit includes one nine by 4 inch fleece rectangle with pre-drilled tactile bordered holes on two sides that you will lace together by touch with one fleece ribbon strand and a plastic needle, and a top channel across the top that you will slide the included grossgrain ribbon through and tie off with two colorful beads (also included) for accent on the end of the ribbon tails. The picture displays our solid black fleece pouch with white ribbon drawstring and blue beads but we have many more colors to choose from! See the options for fleece fabric below and indicate your preference in the order notes, or you can call us and we will be happy to help you find something you like! THE KIT PROVIDES EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE THE POUCH, CONTENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Fleece Fabric Options are listed below by number. Because of the small size of this pouch we do not offer our large print fleece options. Please reference the number of your preferred color/pattern in the order notes, or call us to discuss!
- Solid Black
- Solid Light Blue
- Solid Teal
- Solid Off White
- Solid Red
- Solid Pink
- Solid Green
- Solid Tan
See NO SEW 4 Inch Fleece Pouch Assembly Text Instructions below.
* Note: Your fleece fabric comes pre-clipped and pinned together ready to lace. Do not remove any of the pins, clips or tape from your project until instructed to do so.
- Using your fleece ribbon strand, insert into eye of plastic needle and pull fleece ribbon through leaving a short tail (~2”).
- This project provides two options for lacing – you can use a single running stitch which is suitable if you do not intend to store tiny objects in your pouch, or you can stitch using a Double Running Stitch to insure no gaps are left for small items to fall out of your bag.
- Single Running Stitch Step 1, You will be lacing the fleece ribbon up and down through tactile bordered holes around the two sides of the pouch STARTING IN THE FIRST, TOP RIGHT HAND HOLE: Start lacing in top right hand corner hole under the taped area, by going TOP DOWN through holes, through two layers of fabric. Pull fleece ribbon through until leave about a 2” tail on top. Slide your index finger and thumb down the fabric until you feel the next set of tactile bordered holes. Put the plastic needle and fleece ribbon BOTTOM UP through these next holes and pull fleece ribbon up through until there is no more slack (be careful not to pull so tight that you bunch up the fabric, but just enough so that there is no slack in your fleece ribbon). Remove plastic clips as you come to them while you are lacing. Proceed following this process of alternating lacing the fleece ribbon Top Down and Bottom UP through remaining tactile bordered holes until you come through the last hole on the left bottom side. If you intend to store small items in your pouch, continue on to step 4 to perform Double running stitch step. If you only intend to use the single running stitch on your pouch, go ahead and tie a slip knot at the end of the fleece tail on left bottom side and trim excess fleece beyond knot and proceed to step 5.
- Double Running Stitch Step, You will continue lacing the fleece ribbon up and down through holes but reversing direction, going left to right. Start by pulling up the fleece stitch that is to the right of the corner hole and insert your needle TOP DOWN through the hole beneath the stitch, right beside the fleece ribbon already laced through the hole. Pull ribbon through until there is no more slack (being careful not to pull so tightly that the fabric bunches). Proceed lacing UP AND DOWN underneath the remaining stitches, following this process until you come through the last set of holes beneath the taped area on the top right hand side of the pouch. Then remove your plastic needle and you should have two small fleece ribbon tails. Tie a small knot with the two fleece ribbon tails on the top right and trim fleece tail ends.
- The last step is to lace the two ribbons provided with your kit through the channel at the top of the bag using the plastic needle. Remove tape from the top right and top left of your pouch revealing a channel opening on both ends (on the top right the channel opening is just above the last holes laced). Remove the safety pinned grosgrain ribbons from the top center of your pouch. Weave the plastic needle and ribbon through the right front opening in channel (above last hole laced) and edge along a little at a time until needle comes out the opening on the opposite left front side, then loop around to lace through the left back channel opening and lace through to come back out the right back channel opening adjacent to where you started. Remove plastic needle, even out the ribbon tails, lace both tails through a bead and tie a double knot close to end of ribbon tails to secure. Next thread plastic needle with second ribbon and begin lacing from the left front channel opening. Weave the needle and ribbon through the left front opening in channel (over top of last ribbon laced) and edge along a little at a time until the needle comes out the opening on the opposite right front side, then loop around to lace through the right back channel opening and lace through to come back out the left back channel opening adjacent to where you started. Remove plastic needle, even out the ribbon tails, and lace both tails through a bead and tie a double knot close to end of ribbon tails to secure.
- To close the bag, simply pull the ribbons on each side of the bag away from each other and the top of bag will cinch together. To open the bag, just stretch out the top opening through the middle.
- Admire, use, or give away your beautiful pouch bag as a gift!
Feel free to call us with any questions at 978-419-1824.