This kit provides you with the fabric, plastic needle, and ribbon needed to create a set of two 4.5″ square cotton and fleece coasters or sachets. The fabric pattern includes light green, white and red iced Christmas Cookies on a light blue background. The kit is easily put together by lacing the pre-punched holes in the fabric with tactile borders that enable the holes to be identified by touch.
These kits can be made as coasters – which are great tactile place markers for the blind or visually impaired to feel where a drink is set on the table – or after lacing three sides of the fabric with ribbon you can insert scented cotton balls, or as displayed in one of our pictures try inserting a Scentsy Pak, to fill as a sachet before closing the fourth side. Please note that the SCENTSY PRODUCTS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH THE MITSY KIT BUT CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY THROUGH LINKS INCLUDED BELOW TO OUR PARTNER NINI’S SITE. Nini is a visually impaired Scentsy business owner who also enjoys Mitsy Kit adaptive crafting. We are proud to be partnering with her to provide our customer’s access to the Scentsy products which complement our kits. See Nini’s story here: https://nini.scentsy.us/consultant/bio
See Coaster / Sachet Project Assembly Simple Text Instructions Below:
*Use 1 ribbon strand to lace up the two pieces of fabric that are attached by plastic clips:
- Begin by inserting the ribbon strand into eye of the plastic needle leaving a tail about ~2” long.
- Start lacing in corner hole by going top down through tactile bordered holes, attaching two layers of fabric.
- Pull ribbon through until leave about a 5” tail on top. Secure tail under plastic clip in corner.
- Next Lace with running stitch: Insert your needle bottom up through the next hole (to right or left of current hole depending upon which direction you are stitching), then pull your ribbon through. Using your thumb and and repeat going down and up through remaining holes around three sides of the square. It helps to keep one finger underneath the ribbon loop as you are pulling the ribbon through the holes so that you can feel how tightly the ribbon is pulled and also to feel when the ribbon is twisted so you can straighten it out. You want to pull the ribbon snug up through but not so tight that the fabric bunches.
- IF YOU ARE MAKING A SACHET Proceed to step 6, otherwise if you are making coasters GO ON TO STEP 7.
- To fill your sachet use the 4th open side to insert scented cotton balls (you can use essential oils like that offered by Scentsy) or the Scentsy Pak is another option for a scented insert. If you are interested in purchasing the Scentsy oils or Scentsy Paks see links below instructions.
- Complete stitching 4th side of project. Repeat going up and down through remaining holes to complete lacing 4th side of project with running stitch. When you have laced up and down through all holes on all four sides two tails should be side by side on top of the fabric. Tie these two tails in a double knot and or a bow, and trim tail ends if desired.
- Remove plastic clips from project.
- This completes your stitching of your coaster / sachet! 😄
Feel free to call us with any questions at 978-419-1824.
Links below to Optional Scentsy Product Accessories of scented insert for Sachet:
- Scentsy Essential Oils: https://nini.scentsy.us/shop/c/4412/natural-and-essential-oils
- Scentsy Pak: https://nini.scentsy.us/shop/c/4415/scent-paks