Our 13 inch no sew fleece tote bag kit has two pre-sewn tote straps that make it easy for you to carry by hand or around your shoulder. The kit includes two 13 inch fleece squares clipped together with pre-drilled tactile bordered holes on three sides that you will lace together by touch with three fleece ribbon strands and a plastic needle. See the options for fleece fabric by number below and indicate your preference in the order notes, or you can call us and we will be happy to help you find something you like! THE KIT PROVIDES EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE THE BAG INCLUDING PLASTIC NEEDLE.
See NO SEW 13 Inch Fleece Tote Bag Assembly Simple Text Instructions Below:
- Note: Do not remove any of the pins, clips or tape from your project until instructed to do so.
- Insert a fleece strand into eye of needle leaving a short tail (~1”). *Tip, if you have trouble getting the fleece strand through the eye of the plastic needle, try to put the fleece strand into the eye of the needle at an angle so the triangular point goes into the eye first – then pull the point through from the other side.
- Start lacing front and back of bag together in top right corner holes going top down through holes with plastic needle (by the sticker pointing to corner hole that says start here). Pull ribbon through leaving a 1” tail on top of fleece fabric, then proceed with the overcast stitch (*other lacing options are possible with additional fleece strip purchases – please see below.)
- Overcast Stitch instruction: After pulling the fleece ribbon through to the back and leaving a 1″ tail on top, pull the fleece ribbon over the top edge of fabric and use your index finger and thumb to identify the next set of holes beside the ones just laced, then put your plastic needle and fleece ribbon top down through to bottom. Repeat going top down through subsequent holes until you reach the next to the last hole from corner. BRING YOUR PLASTIC NEEDLE AND THREAD BOTTOM UP THROUGH THE CORNER HOLES to leave the fleece tail on top.
- Next, lace a new fleece ribbon through eye of plastic needle. Start lacing the next side of your bag by going top down through the same corner hole where your last fleece tail came up through, leaving a tail about the same size as the one beside it. Then repeat step 3 for the second side, then repeat step 4 and step 3 once again for the third side.
- Now you should have two fleece tails in bottom two corners of bag. Tie the tails into small tight knots, being careful not to bunch up your fleece bag as you tie the knots.
- Tips to hide the fleece tails of knots in bag corners: To hide the tails from view made by the knots in bottom corners, insert one of the fleece tails into the eye of your plastic needle, then slide the plastic needle and fleece ribbon tail underneath the corner stitch on the inside of the fleece bag so that it is tucked underneath the stitch. Repeat this for the second fleece ribbon tail on the corner, then repeat again for the two fleece ribbon tails on opposite corner.
- Remove all plastic clips, tape and stickers from fleece fabric and you are ready to use your tote bag!
- *OTHER LACING OPTIONS – If you would like to use more advanced stitching techniques to lace up your bag please review the following video playlist: YouTube Advanced Stitching Tutorials Playlist The double running stitch, whip running stitch, and cross stitch all will require additional fleece ribbon strips. Purchase additional fleece ribbon strips here: Fleece Ribbon Strip Accessory 1 inch by 30 inches
- Care Instructions: Machine wash gentle cycle, cold water. Machine dry warm gentle cycle. Call us with any questions at 978-419-1824! Happy Crafting!