Our 12 inch no sew fleece drawstring bag kit with ribbon drawstring and accent beads on ends of ribbon is a great multi-use hand made gift bag. Use it as a small tote bag for every day use, or a gift bag for toiletries, socks, cookie or candy treats, journals and pencil sets, small books, and more! The kit includes two 13 inch fleece squares pinned together with pre-drilled tactile bordered holes on three sides that you will lace together by touch with two fleece ribbon strands and a plastic needle, and a top channel that you will slide the included grossgrain ribbon through and tie off with two colorful beads (also included) for accent on the end of the ribbon tails. The picture displays our white and black sketched kittens with red bows fleece pattern with white ribbon drawstring and blue beads but we have many more solid colors and patterns to choose from! See the options for fleece fabric above and indicate your preference in the order notes, or you can call us and we will be happy to help you find something you like! THE KIT PROVIDES EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE THE BAG, CONTENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
See NO SEW 12 Inch Fleece Bag Assembly Simple Text Instructions Below:
- Note: Do not remove any of the pins, clips or tape from your project until instructed to do so.
- Insert a fleece strand into eye of needleleaving a short tail (~1”). *Tip, if you have trouble getting the fleece strand through the eye of the plastic needle, try to put the fleece strand into the eye of the needle at an angle so the triangular point goes into the eye first – then pull the point through from the other side.
- Start lacing front and back of bag together in top right corner holes going top down through hole with plastic needle (just underneath taped area). Pull ribbon through leaving a 1” tail on top of fleece fabric, then proceed with a running stitch by going up and down through subsequent holes along all three sides of the drawstring bag. Once reach the opposite left hand, top side of the bag, remove the plastic needle leaving a small fleece ribbon tail. This completes your first set of running stitches on your bag. If you only want one set of stitches you can tie knots in the fleece tails on upper left and upper right and proceed to step 4.
- To do the double running stitch: Re-lace needle with new fleece ribbon. Next you will be repeating the running stitch going down and up through alternate holes to produce a double running stitch and close all gaps in bag. To do this, start in the SECOND HOLE from top left, lift up the fleece stitch that is laced through the hole and squeeze your needle and new fleece ribbon top down beside the previously laced stitch, then come up through the next backside hole, once again lifting up the stitch that is there to squeeze the needle and ribbon bottom up through to the top beside the prior stitch. Continue stitching up and down through all holes in the same manner along the three sides until reach the top right side. When completed, the stitches should feel like a continuous line of stitching with no gaps between. Remove the plastic needle and tie knots with the two tails on the top left and top right sides of bag.
- Remove plastic clips and stickers from fleece fabric. Lace 2 grosgrain ribbons through the upper channels of drawstring bag: Lace plastic needle with a grosgrain ribbon and insert in right side opening of upper channel in bag. Slide the plastic needle and ribbon through the channel from the right side all the way through to the left side, then loop back through channel opening in the back left side and slide through until reach the opposite opening on the right side. You should have two of the grosgrain ribbon tails coming through the two channel openings on top right. Remove the plastic needle and even the two tails out on the right side. Lace the two ribbon tails through one of the beads and tie a knot underneath the bead with the two tails. Trim ribbon tail beneath the bead.
- Next, you will repeat lacing the second grosgrain ribbon through the upper channel (beside the ribbons already laced through), but start and end at the left side opening of upper channel in bag. When complete, you should have two of the grosgrain ribbon tails coming through the top left. Remove the plastic needle and even the two tails out on the left side. Lace the two ribbon tails through one of the beads and tie a knot underneath the bead with the two tails. Trim excess ribbon tail beneath the bead. This completes your fleece drawstring bag!
- Pull the tails on the right and left sides simultaneously to close the bag, and put fingers in the center of the bag and pull to open!
Care Instructions: Machine wash gentle cycle, cold water. Machine dry warm gentle cycle. Call us with any questions at 978-419-1824! Happy Crafting!